Yogurt benefits for beauty is not as popular as the health benefits, but yogurt nutrition also has beauty benefits such as acne treatment, dark circle, dry skin and more. In addition, you should not worry about yogurt calories. Yogurt is low in calories, because calories in every 100 gr of yogurt (mostly) not more than 100 calories (depends on brands).
What is yogurt?
Some of people know what yogurt is, but mostly they never know what is yogurt made from. Yogurt is milk made through bacterial fermentation. Yogurt can be made from any milk, including soy milk. Modern production is currently dominated by dairy cows. Fermentation of the milk sugar (lactose) produces lactic acid that plays a role in milk protein to produce a gel-like texture and a unique flavor to yogurt. Yogurt is available in a wide range of flavors, natural flavors, fruit flavors, vanilla, or chocolate flavors are also popular.
Yogurt calories each types
(calories in yogurt below are in the same weight, 100 gr)
- Calories in Chobani 0% No-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt: 59 calories
- Calories in Chobani 0% No-Fat Strawberry Greek Yogurt: 82 calories
- Calories in Chobani 2% Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt: 76 calories
- Calories in Chobani 0% No-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt: 71 calories
- Calories in Chobani 0% No-Fat Blueberry Greek Yogurt: 82 calories
- Calories in carob-coated frozen Yogurt: 244.3 calories, 102.3 Calories from fat
- Calories in lowfat milk frozen yogurt (chocolate): 113.6 Calories, 17.5 calories from fat
Greek Yogurt (Nonfat) Nutritional Value based on USDA
6 yogurt benefits for beauty
For another yogurt benefits for health you can read it here.
- To moisturize dry skin: Banana mask has long been used to treat dry skin naturally. In order to obtain optimal results, you can use yogurt and honey as a traditional herb dry skin care. How to make: Blend one banana, then mix with honey and yogurt so that it becomes a pasta. Apply evenly to face and let sit 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Clean the dead skin cells naturally: Of course you already know using cucumber facials, and it turns out, the combination of cucumber with yogurt can be used and safe for skin health. Grate the cucumber and mix with yogurt and use as a face mask for 10-30 minutes.
- Benefits of yogurt for getting rid black spots: Black spots caused by acne or due to aging can certainly disrupt your beautiful appearance. Chamomile oil mixed with yogurt as a natural whitening cream can remove the black spots. Use 2 times a week to keep your skin clean.
- Prevent wrinkles on the face: Wrinkles on the face is one of the signs of aging. However, you can delay the appearance of wrinkles with a mixture of yogurt and olive oil. Mix 4 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir until smooth and use this mixture as a natural mask for 30 minutes.
- Eliminate dark circles under the eyes: Generally, these problems arise because of lack of sleep due to the high activity that requires you to stay up. By applying yogurt in the black area when going to sleep, it can eliminate the dark circles. Wash your face in the morning and repeat in one week until the dark color is completely gone.
- Benefits of yogurt to get rid of acne: There are many natural ways to overcome the problem of acne, lemon has bacteria-fighting properties. Combination of lime fruit with yogurt could be a potent remedy acne removal. Combine the two ingredients until a lotion, then apply on the acne facial area.