Blueberries are included in the berry family has the sweetest flavor, also includes one of the fruits that are low in calories. Not to mention the nutritional content of blueberries that provide many health benefits. Blueberries are one of the healthiest fruits on the planet. Blueberries beat other fruits and other vegetables because of its antioxidant content. This makes blueberries as one antidote to damage cells in the body that contributes to the symptoms of heart attack and cancer incidence. Research on rats mention that rats consuming this fruit becomes more focused and smarter than mice that did not eat it.
Fruit that has a Latin name Vaccinium spp, contains a variety of nutrients, for example, some minerals (manganese, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and zinc), vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, as well as carbohydrates and fats. The content of manganese and vitamin K on Blueberry fruit is quite high, the chemical element manganese is an anti-inflammatory. Its function can indirectly facilitate blood flow and improve memory.
Calories in bluberries and nutrition facts
Like what we have mentioned above, bluberries are low in calories. There are only 16 calories in every 1 oz fresh bluberry fruit, meanwhile calories in every unsweetened frozen bluberries with the same size contains 14 calories. The highest calories content available in blueberry muffins which has 79 calories in every 1 oz. Below you can read detail nutritional value.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.33 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.4 g||6%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.124 mg||2.5%|
|Vitamin A||54 IU||2%|
|Vitamin C||9.7 mg||1.5%|
|Vitamin E||0.57 mg||4%|
|Vitamin K||19.3 µg||13%|
Blueberries health benefits
- Healthy heart. Blueberries contain ingredients that are good for heart health. With the consumption of five or six pieces each week, will help lower the risk of developing a heart attack.
- Lowering blood sugar. Blueberry fruit is a fruit with a low glycemic index, which is good for blood sugar regulation, particularly for those with diabetes. Consumption of these five fruits every day, and you will feel the positive benefits to the body.
- Prevent cancer. With diligent eating half a cup of blueberry juice every day, its anthocyanin content can prevent cancer.
- Preventing infection in the urinary tract. Such as cranberries, blueberries are also good for preventing bacterial or bladder infection.
- To lose fat in the abdomen. With polyphenol ingredients found in them, nutritious blueberries reduce excess fat around the stomach and reduce problems in the body's metabolism. Due to the low calorie content, the fruit is good to eat for you who are undergoing a diet program.
- Treating cellulite. Raw blueberries contains four grams of fiber. Fiber is in it more easily absorbed than water though.
- Good for the bones. Material containing manganese blueberries good for the bones so powerful in strengthening bones and you will avoid the risk of loss.
- Increase endurance. According to a study, blueberries turned out to contain more antioxidants than other fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants are good for the immune system, by neutralizing the free radicals caused by toxins or cigarette. The antioxidant benefits resulting from pigment-producing blue color in blueberries.
- Brain stimulation. Diligently eating blueberries can make the brain work more actively and more clever. The study also said that the habit of eating blueberries can improve memory in later life.
- Good for dry skin. In the realm of beauty, blueberry donate one other important benefits, which smoothes skin texture. The trick is simple, mix two teaspoons of brown sugar and blueberries with three tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Helped sharpen vision. Consumption of two blueberries every day will avoid yourself from the risk of decreased vision in the eye due to increasing age.